SURROUND OVERHEAD CABLE (TRS stereo)
CONSTRUCTING PATCH CORD B
If you want the overhead feature, and your STEREO AUX RETURN used for the OVERHEAD RETURN
has a tip-ring-sleeve stereo jack, make the following cable:
- Cut a length of mic cable suitable to reach between the mixer and the digital delay.
- Connect a stereo plug to one end of the cable. Connect the hot lead to both the tip and ring, and connect both
the cold and the shield to the sleeve.
- Label the plug you just put on OVERHEAD RETURN.
- Connect a plug that fits the output of your digital delay to the other end. Wire the hot lead wires to the hot
terminal, and the cold lead to the ground terminal. DO NOT connect the shield at this end, but insulate it.
- Label this plug DELAY OUT
Click BACK to return to the instructions.
Do not link to this page, but to the parent page. If you followed someone else's link to
this page, go HOME to find the article on Surround Sound Mixing. Then
complain to the jerk who put this page in a link table.